Week 17

When I started this class, I had the knowledge of social media just as a social media user. Now I feel like I know behind the scene knowledge since I learned what it is like to run social media for a business and as a business owner.  It was a great experience to create a business and see how all the profiles work. I think my view on social media in general though didn't change much throughout the semester.

I have a better understanding on how to set up a business page and to develop the pages for a business. I think I learned a lot from creating a Facebook page. I have always used facebook just for personal use with my own Facebook page. When I created a business Facebook page, it took a lot more time to set everything up and make the page exactly how I wanted it.  It was nice to be able to design it how I wanted however the page requires a lot of information, especially for a business that doesn't even exist.  It was interesting to see all the options that are available for purchase to boost posts and stories. I never realized how much a post can be bought for to make it more popular and seen on Facebook.

In the future, when I have a business I would definitely use Facebook and Instagram. My Facebook did a great job at reaching viewers and getting likes. I like Instagram more just because it is more popular and because it allows for strictly pictures to be posted. On Instagram, it is a great social media to allow followers to see work or products that are available. I enjoyed being able to post about design projects that were being done. I think it would have been cool to upload on stories different project previews as well. I also like the option of going live on Instagram because it is a good way to engage with your followers by letting them communicate with you via the question/comment option.

With this class, it was great to learn about all the steps that go into social media for business. I learned that time management is huge when it comes to social media. Obviously many know that posting in the evening will result in more likes and it works the same for business social media. When I would post in the evening, I received more likes and more views from my followers. Having a schedule on when and what is going to be posted is very important as well. Having posts that connect with what is happening in society can also result in more engagement as well. I also learned that adding personal touches can help with your followers. Adding what I enjoyed in the design world and what styles I prefer allowed for followers to comment their thoughts and I thought that was really cool to see.

I use social media right now for personal usage. I don't have a business but in the future I would like to have an interior design business and this class allowed me to get a good preview of what I will need to do when that day comes. As for right now, I plan on continuing to use Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It is a little weird to be using my personal pages and not see the insights for my pages. I am used to checking those numbers and information regularly that now that this class is over, it is a sad to readjust. I could always go unprivate to maintain the insight activity however I don't plan on doing that anytime soon. Lastly, at the beginning this class we were suppose to track how often we see business pages on our personal Facebook page and I tracked 47 times of classmates's pages showing on my personal page.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 Post 1

Week 2 Part 1

Week 3 Part 1