Week 16 Post 1

Throughout this course, I have really enjoyed maintaining an Instagram and Facebook business account. Both profiles made me learn the importance of when it is a good time to post, what hashtags should be used, and what viewers are most interested in. It was a great learning experience. I think it was the best way to learn about how to use social media for a business. Reading the lectures also helped as well however having to be hands on with social media changes the game and really makes you active with it. I honestly did not pay much attention to the Twitter account that I created for my business. I felt that Twitter for an interior design business wasn't the hot spot since most people are looking for pictures and Instagram is the go to for a feed that'll provide just that. For the future, I would continue to use Facebook and Instagram for my business. I think they are two great sources to spread news, promotion, and collect new clients. Facebook was a bug success for me during this semester which makes me think it'd be a great success in the future as well. I think there should be someone who runs the social media accounts for my business. Running the profiles is definitely a job that takes a lot of time and commitment. It could be an all day thing if there is picture editing, video editing, time managing to post, and then al the tracking of the likes, comments, and views. 

For the next month, I want to increase posting about the house project that is happening right now. I will do two post a week to keep followers updated and interested. I think I plan to go live in the third week while showing the interior progress of the house. I personally am always interested when my favorite pages or celebrities go live so I would hope for the same from my followers. My goal would be to increase the number of page views I receive weekly as well as gain more followers. My Facebook page has received a lot of likes, more than what I was expecting, and it would be great to keep it increasing! I need to work on Instagram more so I would post more on Facebook about viewing exclusive posts only available on Instagram or doing a poll of what followers think is best for a design option for the client. I think having interaction will allow for more views. 

Comments

  1. Hi Adriana,

    I like your thorough and thoughtful reply to the homework assignment. I believe there is an advantage to having a "visual" business and must be so much fun to share photos of the progress and final outcome to your projects.

    Sounds like your choice to go with the visual social media platforms is a great idea and keeping the conversation going on FaceBook is a good strategy.

    One of the tips i liked a lot from our class is the ability to schedule posts for later. It fits well with my "batching" strategy of doing one thing multiple times then pushing it out on a timeline. For instance, recording four to eight podcasts then, transcribing all of them for the blog posts then scheduling them to publish on the date sequence that works. Good luck to you in your business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adriana,
    I've enjoyed the content you have been posting on social media! I like how you combine both photos of stuff you've been working on, and also some other stuff that inspires you! It adds a lot of character and personality to you and your business.
    You should definitely capitalize off of the growth from your Facebook! You're obviously doing something right, but I'm sure the analytics on FB might make it a little clearer.

    Looking forward to see where you take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adriana,
    I love the posting ideas that you have listed, especially the idea you mentioned about going live to show the progress that has been made. I feel that when someone goes live, they create a more intimate or personal experience than when they are only posting content because then they are able to answer live questions and interact with followers in the moment. Great job and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Part 1

Week 2 Part 1