Week 2 Part 1

In my opinion, if we look at the most popular social media platforms, like Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook, they are all geared towards personal use. Anyone can create accounts on those networks and post about their lives, follow their friends and family, and stay up to date for their wellbeing. I think Twitter and Snapchat are targeted more towards personal use because businesses don't advertise as much on those two social media feeds. Also because I have numerous friends that use Twitter and only follow their friends and profiles that interest them. They tweet about their lives and different instances that happen daily. I think Snapchat is directed more towards personal use because it is an easy way to stay connected with friends. Everyone adds each other to view their stories of their lives that they display. Although Instagram and Facebook are used for personal use, people also have the opportunity to follow their favorite stores/businesses, role models, and famous people which makes those two networks broader in category usage. 

With that being said, I think Facebook and Instagram seem to work well for both. I think they are more suitable for business use because they reach audiences of all ages. As mentioned in the lecture, many users who are 50+ years old are joining Facebook, which would allow for business to stay in touch with that target group. The younger audience can also be found on Facebook to view any advertisement posts. Instagram can be used by anyone and many businesses use Instagram to gain followers and promote their latest sales and products. Both also give the option to create business profiles and offer different options to set up a business profile to help have an official page.

I think that Instagram is the best social media network to get the most usage of both personal and business use. For example, I use Instagram for myself to stay updated with my friends' and family members' lives as well as to post about mine. I also use Instagram to follow different pages of businesses that interest me, such as Adidas to stay up to date on the latest sneaker releases. On the business side, Instagram allows for all age groups to be reached. Their posts and stories are available to everybody which helps with marketing. Business owners can also create pages and attract customers to their pages by doing giveaways or discounts for following or reposting posts. 



Comments

  1. Well said regarding Instagram. It is also a useful tool to advertise your own products, by contacting large Instagram "influencers" with a lot of followers, with the intention in having them post your product on their feed with a link to your business page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adriana,
    I agree that Instagram is great for both personal and business use. I find it the easiest to use of all the social media platforms. I do not like to spend much time "organizing" my friends/who I am following and I feel like IG is definitely the easiest to manage what content I see and who I follow. I don't have a business, but it seems like IG would be an easy place to advertise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I completely agree that Twitter is for more personal use. I disagree putting SnapChat in that category. The simple reason is because I have seen so many pages on the Discover page of people self promoting themselves. I also think it is such a good place for advertisements. Currently The Rundown on Enews has had Dunkin Donuts constantly promoted. I have never had Dunkin Dunuts but I am not interested on trying it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Part 1

Week 16 Post 1